The Near North District School Board will be offering a French Immersion Program in Parry Sound beginning September 1, 2019.
The NNDSB is inviting all interested families to attend an information session on Monday, February 25th, 2019.
The session will begin at 6:00 p.m. in the Parry Sound Public School Gymnasium located at 21 Beatty Street in Parry Sound.
Families in attendance will have opportunities to:
- Learn more about the Board plan for program implementation
- View a presentation about the French Immersion and Extended French programs including a short video about the classroom experience
- Understand the benefits of French as a Second Language learning
- Visit an Early Learning Kindergarten classroom
- Register for the program.
All eligible students from the Parry Sound area entering the first or second year of Kindergarten or Grade 1, may register for the proposed French Immersion Program located at Parry Sound Public School.
Transportation will be provided.
Registration packages will also be available.
Families may complete the French Immersion program registration package during the information session.
A registration deadline has not yet been determined.
For further information or to provide feedback, the NNDSB asks you to visit the Board website or contact the Board Office.