The Parry Sound Area Chamber of Commerce now has a new President as Past-President Gail Burrows steps aside after completing her three-year term.
Returning Board member Dan Nicolo will now serve as President after being nominated for the post at the Chamber’s Annual General Meeting in January.
Three new members were also nominated to the Board at January’s AGM as three vacancies were created by members stepping down.
Since there were no further challenges to the vacancies, those three nominees were selected to serve on the Board.
“We would like to welcome Dan DiNicolo as the newly-elected President of the Parry Sound Area Chamber of Commerce”, says Executive Director Christy Cafovski.
“Dan has served on the Chamber board for a number of years and is also a current board member with both the Downtown Business Association and Festival of the Sound”.
Cafovski also praises the work of the outgoing President saying, “Gail has been a valuable leader in the community and on our board of directors. She led our Chamber with poise and conviction, helping to successfully steer the organization through a period that included many challenges. Gail will remain on the board in the role of Past-President and will continue to serve the Chamber community with the same professionalism that she has shown throughout her term as President”.
The new 2019 Board of Directors:
- President- Dan DiNicolo, 18 James Street
- Past President – Gail Burrows, Seguin Valley Golf Club
- Treasurer -Alison Scarrow, Festival of the Sound
- Vice President – Dr. David Clinning, Clinning Chiropractic
- Director – Wendy Morrow – Muskoka North Film Studios
- Director – Michelle Berry, Parry Sound K.O.A.
- Director – Sonya Felsman, iSparks Solutions
- Director- Brian Pettenger, Trestle Brewing Co.
- Director – Tony Gilchrist, Gilchrist & Company
- Director – David Penfold, Canada Brokerlink
- Director – Meg Wallace, Meg Wallace Photography
The Board also consists of Advisory Members representing Parry Sound area municipalities:
- Art Coles, Seguin Township
- Greg Andrews, Township of the Archipelago
- Marco Ancinelli, Township of McKellar
- Brad Horne, Town of Parry Sound
- Beth Gorham-Matthews, Municipality of Whitestone
For more information, visit the Parry Sound Area Chamber of Commerce website.