The Town of Parry Sound has released the Wasauksing Swing Bridge Operating Schedule from April 15th to Dec 15th, 2019
The bridge will open at the top of the hour from 6:00am to 10:00 pm daily, with the exception of 1:00 pm; the bridge will open at 1:15 pm.
Note: During the first seven days and last seven days of the operating season, the bridge will open at the top of the hour from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- The bridge will not open at the top of the hour when the 10-minute average wind speed, 10 minutes prior to the top of the hour (eg. 1:50 pm), exceeds 30 km/hr.
- The bridge will not open to navigation in the event of a land-based emergency.
- The bridge will open on demand for any water-based emergencies when the wind speed is 30km/hr or less.
- In the event of a land-based emergency and water-based emergency occurring at the same time, the owner is authorized to address the land-based emergency first and then open the bridge to accommodate the water-based emergency.
During the bridge’s operating hours, the bridge will open at the bottom of the hour (eg. 1:30 pm) in the following exceptional circumstance:
- If the bridge did not open at the regularly scheduled opening at the top of the hour (eg. 2:00 pm), and the 10-minute average wind speed 10 minutes prior to the bottom of the hour (eg. 2:20 pm) is 30 km/hr or less.
The Wasauksing Swing Bridge is equipped with electronic signs displaying current average wind speeds, which are updated every 30 minutes.
For up-to-the-minute information on wind speeds and bridge status, you’re asked to call the bridge operator directly at 705-746-9620 or tune in to VHF channel 6.
For all other comments or inquiries related to the Wasauksing Swing Bridge, contact Indigenous Services Canada’s Wasauksing Swing Bridge automated information line at
Calls will be returned within 48 hours.