UPDATE: The nominations deadline for the “Celebrating Youth Awards’ has been extended to Wednesday, May 8th at 4 pm.
Nominees must be under 18 and excel at something, maybe they’re good at basketball or soccer, maybe they’re in the band or participate in other extra-curricular activities.
They could be involved in a community or volunteer group and committed to making a difference.
Teams and groups can also be nominated for an award.
New this year, all finalists will receive an item from Nobis luxury outerwear brand.
Graduating students pursuing post-secondary education will also be considered for two $1,000 scholarships sponsored by Ken Hadall and Doug Gilmour.
Nominations are now open as this year’s Bobby Orr Hall of Fame ‘Celebrating Youth Awards’ will have a special meaning.
The Awards will pay homage to the 15 members of the Humblebolt Bronco’s who were killed on April 6, 2018, when the bus carrying the team collided with a tractor-trailer in Saskatchewan.
This year’s nominees should demonstrate how they meet the late Bronco’s coach Daurcy Haugan’s Core Covenant:
- Family first.
- Treat my teammates and coworkers with respect.
- Be thankful for the opportunity to wear the Broncos jersey.
- Play each game and practice with passion and determination.
- Conduct yourselves with honesty and integrity.
- Treat all volunteers, billets, sponsors and fans with respect and gratitude.
- Understand that we are building foundations for future generations with our words and actions.
- Always have hope and believe that everything is possible.
- Always give more than you take.
- Strive for greatness in all areas of life.
If you know someone that meets these qualities, be sure to nominate them by Wednesday, April 24th when nominations close.
For more information, go to the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame website.